Also known as NSB Kings Bay, the base is located just 5 minutes from our BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingsland Hotel.
Beginning in 1954, the US Army acquired land along the banks of Kings Bay Sound to construct an overseas shipping terminal just in case they needed to send munitions or men overseas. The Army never placed the base on active status, so in 1978 it was turned over to the US Navy to be used as a site for its ballistic-missile submarine squadron.
United States Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay is located adjacent to the towns of St. Marys and Kingsland in Camden County, Georgia, which is located in southeastern Georgia, and not far from Jacksonville, Florida.
The Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base is the U.S. Atlantic Fleet's only East Coast home port for U.S. Navy Fleet Ohio-class ballistic missile and guided nuclear submarines armed with Trident II Missile nuclear weapons.
The base consists of more than 16,000 acres, 4,000 of which are protected wetlands, lying between the St. Marys and Crooked Rivers, on Kings Bay, an arm of Cumberland Sound. More than 9,000 military and civilian personnel including contract personnel, make up the installation's workforce.
NSB Kings Bay’s Mission is to deliver support to the Strategic Warfighter, which is the facilities to support a squadron of Trident submarines for submarine maintenance and repair, crew training, weapons handling and storage and support.
Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay has three major commands:
- Trident Training Facility (TTF),
- Trident Refit Facility (TRF), and
- Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT).
MAJOR BUSINESS’ and Sub-Contractors LOCATED AT NSB Kings Bay
General Dynamics Electric Boat
Valdosta State University
- Great Rates & Excellent Value
- Free HOT Breakfast buffet - view listing
Quality hotel features & amenities:
- Interior corridor - 100% Smoke Free
- Free Reliable High Speed Internet connection
Comfortable elegantly appointed WELL LIT rooms include:
- 32” LCD Flat Panel TV with HBO, 150 Expanded Digital and HD cable channels – All Free
- Easy accessible electrical outlets
- Oversized Well Lit desk with ergonomic executive chair
- Lounge chair with ottoman
- Iron / Ironing Board
- and More!
- Business Center (Computer, printer, fax and copier)
- Fitness Center
- Valet & Guest Coin Laundry
- Meeting Facilities
- Outdoor Pool
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff and service
Convenient Location on I-95 at Exit 3
- Restaurants & Gas nearby
- 5 Minutes to Kings Bay Main Gate
USS James Madison Building 1051
Kings Bay, GA 31557
Phone: (912) 573-2000
(NSB Kings Bay - Website)